Choosing the right name for your little one is a task that concerns both parents, many times, there are great debates about the name you want to choose, therefore, to make the best decision is of great benefit to know a variety of names and their meaning.
There are numerous alternatives, in this post we will show you beautiful names for boys and girls, which have origins in different countries, European names, Latin names, names based on the bible, in nature, mythological names, among others.
Following are descriptions of names for boys:
● Eric: its origin is Scandinavian, it is a traditional name that has managed to reach modern times, its meaning is “eternal power”.
● John: its origin is Hebrew, it is also considered a traditional name that has managed to hold on vivaciously in modern times, its meaning is “the faithful to God”.
● Raul: its origin is Germanic, nowadays there are famous people with this name, its meaning is “brave counselor or counselor wolf”.
● Ulysses: its origin is Latin, its meaning is “way”.
● Luke: its origin is Greco-Latin, the name is usually related to kindness, wisdom and tranquility, its meaning is “he who is above all races”.
● Immanuel: its origin is Hebrew, it means “He who is with us”.
● Martin: its origin is Latin, coming from the term Mars, it means “strength and honor”.
Bernardo: its origin is Germanic, its pronunciation varies according to the place, in Catalan and French it is said Bernard, in English Barnard. Its meaning is “brave, battler, warrior like a bear”.
● Gabriel: its origin is Hebrew, it means “out of God and power of God” it is often mentioned in the bible.
● Moses: he was a great biblical character, his name has Egyptian origin, its meaning is “savior of the waters”.
● Samuel: his origin is Hebrew, he is also an important character in the bible, his name means “to whom God listens”.
● Gerard: Catalan name coming from Gerard, with Germanic origin, Ger means “spear” its general meaning is “strong warrior”.
Names for girls:
● Mar: its origin is Italian, its meaning is “the lady of the sea”.
● Sara: name of Hebrew origin, she was an important biblical character, its meaning is “princess”.
● Helena: of Greek origin, it means “light, shining, bright”.
● Isis: of Greek origin, means “Egyptian goddess.”
● Penelope: of Greek origin, means “dark woman or one who weaves good cloth”.
● Emma: its meaning is “she who is strong”.
● Esther: it is of Hebrew origin, it means “star”, she is an important biblical character.
● Leticia: of Latin origin, its meaning is “joy, happiness”.
● Elizabeth: its origin is Hebrew, it means “oath of God, promise of God”.
● Lucia: its origin is Latin, its meaning is “she who carries the light”.
● Rachel: of Hebrew origin, she was an important biblical character, her name means “sheep”.
● Eve: of Hebrew origin, she is a well-known biblical character, meaning “she who gives life or source of life”.
Some of the names described here are common but with a beautiful meaning, choosing the right name for your baby knowing the meaning of each one, will be easier.